Monday, September 15, 2008

Do the Puyallup

Okay, I know you're all jealous, but I got to go to the fair without the kids. Sure, it was to see the Kid Rock concert, but come on...no kids! Can't say I'm a huge Kid Rock fan, or much of one at all really, but the DH is a huge fan so what do you do? Forgot to take a picture of the tipsy woman in front of us hitting on guys young enough to be her sons. Boy, was she entertaining! I did feel bad for the one guy she was bugging most of the time. He couldn't enjoy the concert with her yelling in his ear.

So today, Hailey woke up throwing a fit that there's not preschool today. I guess that's a good sign! This must be the beginning of the light at the end of the I-have-no-life-just-little-kids tunnel. Woo hoo!! Of course, if I'd started having kids 10 years ago like a lot of my friends did, my youngest would be 14. SOOOOOOO not ready for a teenage girl! I still remember teenage years. Not the greatest. Not the worst, but not the greatest. What am I saying? I'm sure I was perfect! At least, until my late teens/early twenties. Isn't that right mom?

I was going to post pictures of her birthday, but for some reason I keep getting an error message. Love that modern technology! Maybe we'll try again later. Maybe it's me. Maybe it's sleep deprivation. Too much Diet Coke? Maybe it's too quiet in the house. All three are asleep, and it's not even 10 yet. I should be asleep too, but it seems too early for that! Still waiting for the dryer to finish anyway.

4 comments:

Halvorsen Family said...

I remember when my boys were little and some time away from them, even just to the grocery store, seemed peaceful and relaxing. The sad part is, it goes by too fast and before you know it, you long for the times when they were little and things seemed simpler, upon reflection. I'm glad you were able to go to the fair, sans children. And I'm sure you were the perfect little daughter :) I was too! :p

Page Posse said...

Ok some of us did start sooner. But that doesn't mean it's over sooner because SURPRIZE! so now I've been a mom for 20 years! and I am still going thru the terrible two's and potty training! ahhh... the joys of motherhood.

Super Latina Mom said...

funny! I created a similar post with your same subject title on my family blog about the fair! I guess everyone around here does the puyallup. It was our first year there, the kids loved it. I don't have your email handy, am I still too late to give you the money for enrichment?

Darcy said...

Oh man Kristi how fun! Kid Rock is crazy...but good. Did he do the song he did with Cheryl Crow? Ohh I can think it but can't type it. I've not been to the Puyallup in nearly 6 years. Maybe some day we'll be home. :)

background