Friday, September 3, 2010

I'm baaaack

Yes, I have a blog. Yes, I'm horrible at updating it. I can't even seem to keep up with my blog-stalking list anymore. The excuse I was using of being a full time mom-wife-student doesn't work anymore. The student part anyway. Now that the student part is taking a back seat, I wonder how I had time for that in the first place!

But there's nothing like the feeling of opening that pretty white envelope with the lovely letter inside telling you that you're on the President's list at the college. Then you pop over to the website to see that grades are in, scroll down and see
A
A
A
....and so on.

Don't mind me. I'm still patting my own back. While I kick myself in the rear for not doing this when I was young and had a brain so that it would have been easier and I'd already be done.

The kids are glad to have me back. (So is my husband) Not that I was ever gone, just super busy. So I took the summer off. And now that the youngest is starting school in a few days, I'm thinking I may take fall off as well. Because I'm older than dirt. And I have to shop for one of those hideous red hats. Which I can almost get away with wearing, now that I'm old.

Although if I start quoting that "When I am old I shall wear purple" doo doo, I want someone to commit me. Seriously. Because that will mean that one of those awful senility-type things and will need help. But I digress.

So we're taking bets on whether or not I will cry when my little pink princess gets on the bus next week. I don't think I will, but that's not the general consensus. People, have a little faith! I'll be doing the happy dance all the way home! They are ALL looking forward to going back so they have something to "do" during the day. Are you kidding me??? (Even though that sounds a little teeny tiny bit like me. Just a little.)


No comments:

background