I wasn't looking for love. Seriously. But sadly, some things are just out of our control. You would think that after being married almost 14 years that I'd be immune to these types of charms. Apparently I'm not.
Don't get me wrong. My husband is wonderful. How can you not love a man who brings a Diet Coke home from work for me? And takes the top off the Jeep so I can run around town and get the "Jeep wave" from complete strangers? And still takes me out on dates without the kids? I just didn't know that something was missing. I didn't know that I have...needs...that he just can't meet. Poor man. How do I break the news to him?
But what do you do when one of your needs is met by a complete stranger? From out of the blue when you aren't expecting it. You try to resist, but realize quickly that you can't. You just cave in. At least I did, just a little tiny bit. And the kids were there too.
When the kids and I walked into the Orting Bakery, I took one look and realized I was in trouble. B I G trouble. I had no idea how this was happening, but my heart started to thump, my mouth started watering. I just didn't know that apple fritters could be so huge! Or that brownies came in so many different flavors! Or that sugar cookies could be so cute! Or that the nice lady behind the counter could change my world! Or that the fritters the owner handed to the kids as we were walking out the door could taste so incredibly amazing! Or how stupid I've been for not coming in sooner!
(Although I somehow used great restraint and only tasted a tiny bit of one. Still don't know how I walked away from it. Aside from the fact that I couldn't eat that much if I tried.)
This is true love. I have (finally and at last) found a new bakery.
Well, what did you think I was talking about?
1 day ago



1 comment:
Oh Kristy, you make me laugh. I LOVE your sense of humor. Now I am hungry!
Post a Comment