Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Not this year!

So today I saw that a helicopter went down in California with 9 firefighters feared dead. I told Daryl that he is NOT allowed to go down to fight any fire there this year like he did last year. He said that the commissioners probably aren't going to approve any wildland this year after losing the chief, and I'm so okay with that. Tomorrow is the memorial service, so I just have to make it thru that. The kids are going to spend the day and night at grandma and grandpa's, so that will help me out a bunch.

But on a happier note, Hailey's black eye is almost healed, Austin's Wii injury can't even be seen, and Zach's foot is almost back to normal!

2 comments:

Sherri said...

The chief died??? I assume Daryl is still firefighting, but the last I heard he was dropped doing a drill and he injured his back.

How about if you send me an email and catch me up a bit on your family? I'd love to hear from you.
sherosen@gmail.com

Rosalie said...

I am so glad he is not going anywhere this year. You don't need the worry.
I got your message at 2pm this afternoon. Needless to say, I didn't TiVo anything. I was at John Careys funeral.

background